[CUBE] Hard Drive Upgrades

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Wed Aug 13 10:02:38 PDT 2003

Just found a Maxtor 120 at Fry's for $88 after $30 rebate including 8%
sales tax. Claimed to run super quiet as one of its features. ULTRA
QUIET FDB Motor. Has 8 MB Buffer. Ultra Series. You can do better from
retailers on HDs because of the extensive use of rebates to sell them
all the time.

Western Digital Special Edition (8 MB Buffer) is also quiet. Both are
way cheaper than mail order from CompUSA, BestBuy, Fry's.

No fan either way. Skip the 2 MB cache. They are way out of style. 8MB
cache is easily found for the same money.

kunga10 (AIM)
kunga47 (Yahoo Messenger with Cross-Platform dial-up Video sans audio
on Macs)