Super & Combo drive options for Cubes?

Benjamin Ing vbing at mac.com
Wed Aug 13 11:20:33 PDT 2003

I have found the Panasonic (Matsuhisa) UJ-815 slot-loading Superdrive
selling bare for $299. [URL=http://www.dfwdepot.com/uj815.htm]dfwdepot
Superdrive[/URL]

According to reports on the Firmware page, people have had a lot of
success in installing this drive into Powerbooks with support for
Toast, iDVD and iTunes disk burning.

I can't guarantee that it will work in a Cube, although I suspect that
it will and am considering putting my money where my mouth is. At $299,
it may be worth it to further extend the life of my Cube.

fwiw, dfwdepot is also selling the slot-loading Panasonic CW-8122
DVD-ROM/CD-R/CD-RW drive for $160.00, which (scanning through the
Firmware webpage) is apparently the one used in the 12" Powerbooks.
[URL=http://www.dfwdepot.com/cw8122B.htm]dfwdepot Combo[/URL]

Usual disclaimers ... I am not affiliated in any way with dfwdepot, and
I make no warranties that either of these things work in Cubes ...