[CUBE] ECC when it come to memory

Alan Thompson athomp2 at mac.com
Sun Aug 17 10:25:24 PDT 2003

this type of ram used a parity bit to be sure that it's data was valid-
typically found in server class machines.  i don't believe our macs
even support this type of ram and i do know that when you do have a
machine that supports it, all of it has to be ecc ram - you can't mix
it.  generally you only buy it when your required to, and it costs more.