[CUBE] Super & Combo drive options for Cubes? dealmac.com

Erik Gilchrist erikgil at metagrafix.com
Sun Aug 17 15:30:13 PDT 2003

On Sunday, August 17, 2003, at 06:15  PM, Steve Goldstein wrote:
> For those of you who may not be familiar with this site (and/or its PC
> sister, dealnews.com), may I suggest that you consult it and even get
> on the daily mailing list (I am, and it is one fo the most interesting
> pieces of mail that I get daily).  You can search back in the archives
> for the best pricing found for all kinds of "stuff."
> 		http://dealmac.com/
> I seem to recall that the DVR-105's are offered for less than $150
> lately, and that you can get a -106 for around $170.
>
> --Steve

Hey Steve, thanks for the followup and for CC'ing me. I forgot to make
a post.  I did order the Drive and I use DealMac.com regularly. I also
use <<http://www.pricewatch.com>> and I found a deal on the DVR-105 for
$143 and I ordered some house brand 4x DVD-r discs to mess with.  On
top of that I got the shipping upgraded and the whole shebang cost me
$198 to my door.

I should have it this week. Oh, and BTW the site I found via PriceWatch
was << http://www.jazztechnology.com>>

So, hopefully the Jazztech folks are reputable and I should have the
drive installed sometime early this week in my Dual 867. For this
purchase my wife was keeping a tight leash on the money (for good
reason) so I really had to hunt for the best deal I could.  Otherwise
<<Http://www.macsales.com>> would have gotten the deal.
Erik Gilchrist
mailto:erikgil at metagrafix.com
erikgil (AIM) | erikgilchrist (iChat)
d e s i g n . d e v e l o p . d e l i v e r
:: http://metagrafix.com
:: http://erikgilchrist.com
:: http://kaitlyngilchrist.com
:: http://peoplewhopissmeoff.com