[CUBE] Re [CUBE] Setting cd burner in iTunes

Rick Rodman richard.rodman at verizon.net
Thu Aug 21 08:03:59 PDT 2003

There are instructions on http://www.xlr8yourmac.com.  I've done this
before; in fact, I think it was a Memorex drive.  You have to go into
Apple System Profiler, find out the EXACT model name of your drive,
then find a file for a similar drive and edit in the exact model name
of your drive.  It's tedious, but it definitely works.

Of course what you are basically doing is using a driver for a
different drive, so you may experience trouble if the drive is not
actually compatible with the other one.  But the manufacturers are
flooding the world with hundreds of only slightly different drives
these days.