Cube- ports out of action

phoenix at cybernothing.org phoenix at cybernothing.org
Tue Dec 2 08:32:50 PST 2003

helenlowe at talk21.com writes:

> I'm not particularly hardware oriented. Both USB ports on
> my cube and the modem port have blown.
> I am currently using a USB broadband modem and a USB bus,
> all plugged into the screen ports. Not very satisfactory!
> I'm told the only solution is a new motherboard, but can't
> afford this just now.
> Any - not expensive - suggestions welcome.

    I don't believe there are many "not expensive" suggestions, other than
to scour cubeowner.com and eBay for a used mobo being sold by someone who's
recently done an upgrade.

    However, this is probably your Cube's way of telling you it's now time
to become friendly with the good folks at Powerlogix  :)

cheers,
A.J.