Slow wake up

Ken Strain kstrain1 at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 7 09:37:26 PST 2003

Up until recently, I¹ve been running my stock Cube from an external firewire
hard drive, and things were fine.  I got sick of the noise, and upgraded my
internal hard drive to a 160 Gb Maxtor that was recommended recently, and
used Carbon Copy Cloner to transfer everything over.  The device comes up as
³Slave², and it works, so it can¹t be all bad.  But now, when I wake from
sleep, if I try to do anything in any open program, I get the spinning ball
for about 30-45 seconds, or I have to wait about a minute after I wake from
sleep to do anything.  It did NOT do that when I was using my Western
Digital in a Firewire enclosure, once the drive got up to speed in a couple
of seconds, you were good to go.  Any explanations or cures?