[CUBE] CDRW/DVD-ROM Combo Drives

Leo Baghdassarian lb at leoport.com
Sun Dec 14 08:36:44 PST 2003

Well, the DVD burner is interesting - I am gonna talk to boris about it
off-list, however, I don't really NEED DVDR capability.  Has anyone upgraded
their cube to just a CD burner (and DVD-ROM)?  I'd love if someone can
recommend a part number or somewhere to buy the oem drive (the online stores
seem to charge too much).

Also, if I do this upgrade, will the heat in my system cause problems?
Currently it is a pretty stock cube w/ a Geforce2 MX card.  I plan on
upgrading to the GigaDesign fanless CPU - would this optical drive upgrade
increase heat to the point of NEEDING a fan?

Thanks,
Leo