[CUBE] Cube DVDR Drive

Jesse Volner mentholiptus at mac.com
Wed Dec 17 09:56:08 PST 2003

On Tuesday, December 16, 2003, at 07:38PM, J.C. Webber III <jcw at kingoblio.com> wrote:

>I bought my internal, slotloading Superdrive from MCE Technologies.
>It's currently featured on their homepage.  It looks like it has come
>down in price since I bought mine (isn't that aways the way), and it
>looks like they doubled the write speed.  I think mine is only a 1X
>and cost me >$400, but the one they are advertizing now is a 2x for $389.

I haven't seen this mentioned (I only half pay attention anymore), but it looks like those 1x drives can be flashed with a firmware updater that will enable them to burn at 2x.

Check it out here:

http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/IDE/pb_g4_superdrive/UJ-815_2x_firmware.html#storytop

Let me know if you try it and if it works :)

jesse

.