[CUBE] Gigadesigns CPU upgrade success story

John Murray audiqcoupe at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 20 22:21:56 PST 2003

All:

I am one of the early Giga upgraders. I ordered the
first night it was available on OWC and installed
about 4-5 days later. No Problems of any kind. No wake
from sleep issues. I am running on conservative
settings 1Ghz. This machine has a 120G drive and 1 Gig
of memory. Post-upgrade this has been my "daily
driver" and is used to play music, movies, radio, etc
when I am on my win-doze laptop.

I recommend this upgrade highly (and have no
association with OWC or Giga). Note, however, the
installtion instruction are fairly non-existant. BTW,
I used thermal paste. There was some debate about this
early on, but I recommend using it.

John