CD trapped and not showing up

Ken Strain kstrain1 at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 21 10:53:18 PST 2003

I have a Cube that I just installed into a Powerlogix case, along with a
Sonnet 1.2 Ghz upgrade and Radeon 9000 Pro card.  I also have a Maxtor Ultra
160Gb HD that I installed a month ago, and ever since I did that, my
computer has been very slow waking from sleep ­ like at least one minute
before I can use the computer and it shows the proper time.  So thinking
that maybe I got the jumper on the HD wrong, I just removed it altogether,
so it shows up as slave.

Well, here¹s my problem:  I just put in a CD to import into iTunes, and the
CD doesn¹t show up at all.  I went into System Profiler, and I don¹t see the
DVD drive in the ATA bus either.  This is the stock drive.

Any ideas out there?

BTW, I¹m VERY happy with my new set up.  I¹ve just fended off a G5 for at
least a year.

-Ken