[CUBE] linux?

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Sun Feb 2 11:41:13 PST 2003

> Anyone running linux on their cube?  If so can you recommend the best
> distribution?  I'm aware of yellowdog, but I assume there are others?
> My cube has a radeon video card if that makes a difference (not sure
> which cards are supported).
>
> Would it be better to make a partition for linux (and swap?) on my
> cube's hard drive?  or to use an external (firewire) hard drive?

I was running it in the past and at the moment have it on Powerbook
Lombard.
The most hassle free distribution is Yellow Dog. These folks are
commited to PPC and that's what they do best, especially when you need
support and help. There is also Debian (haven't tried that one),
Mandrake (lagging behind other releases), and SuSe (not free).
Yellow dog just needs some free unpartitioned space and it will create
required partitions during the install. That is about your only option
because none of the distributions support booting from the external
firewire drive.