[CUBE] only cube related because it's on my cube

Frank French moutard at mac.com
Mon Feb 3 09:13:25 PST 2003

>It just spins up and reads nothing was working fine before using toast
>to try and do a vcd it was a Iomega USB 650 zip I say was because I
>have it pulled apart in a million pieces in front of me now.

Richard,

I've seen quite a few non working FireWire burners come in, popping the
drive into a Tower and the drive works. It seems the FireWire bridges are
particularly fragile. I saw two brands of CD-RW from the same owner that had
a chip on the bridge board destroyed. Haven't found a bridge board available
at a reasonable price. The only one's I've found are from Granite and
they're looking for $99.00. Though they do have a conversion kit for an old
SCSI to FireWire case if anyone is fond of their old case.

Frank