[CUBE] small dog now OT

Laurie A Duncan laurie at cubeowner.com
Mon Feb 3 14:20:50 PST 2003

On 2/3/03 5:06 PM, mawgadog at tin.it typeth:

> Ok i see that you want the whole story Laurie so i'll give it to you :)
> i bought the ipod for almost a grand and the damn scroll wheel was
> defective it would spin even if breathed on here in Italy isn't like
> America if you buy something you need to keep it the store won't take
> it back or trade it for another one if it's defective you need to send
> it in for warranty even if you bought it 5 mins before anyway this was
> defective so it was really not usable.

Actually, it's the same policy in the US for Apple products, with rare
exceptions being resellers who are willing to lose money on those
transactions, because Apple does not (usually) take them back so they have
to be refurbished and resold at a loss.

Sorry you are having so many troubles with Apple overseas. I have no direct
experience with Apple service outside the US, since I work for a US service
center. If I had any pull, I'd help you out :)