[CUBE] Dual display Cube-compatible card with ADC and DVI

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Tue Feb 4 12:50:20 PST 2003

Thank you for the semantics lesson. I was unaware that my warning posts
are offending anyone. I will be more careful in the future to post a
WARNING label at the top of my warnings.

I am not telling anybody to do anything. I am warning everyone. I
personally wouldn't be buying a 22" or 23" display now
because THERE IS A HIGH PROBABILITY that Apple will be revising them in
May. I think it's worthwhile to wait and I'd encourage others to do the
same if they can afford to wait a bit longer.

The 23-inch Cinema uses the #LM230W01 panel from LG.Philips and has a
manufacturer response time spec of 40ms/typical and 60ms/maximum.

The 20.1-inch Cinema uses the #F8964 IPS panel from Chi Mei
Optoelectronics and has a manufacturer response time spec of
26ms/typical and 32ms/maximum.

There is a new 23-inch panel coming from Philips in March,
the#LM230W02, with (draft) response time specs of 24ms/typical and
36ms/maximum. The mechanical specs are the same as the existing panel,
so it's a drop-in swap. It has not yet been designated as Apple-only,
but there is no ordering/pricing info being passed down through LG
distribution, which indicates that it is a captive OEM product... for
who else but Apple?