[CUBE] Apple Cinema HD System Requirements

John T. Folden nedloftj at mac.com
Wed Feb 5 21:04:43 PST 2003

On Wednesday, February 5, 2003, at 10:29 PM, Thubten Kunga wrote:

> Why would Apple post that the 7500 supports the Cinema HD on their
> site and then not deliver it's full native resolution with that card?
> Why would a buyer of a 7500 report to

One would assume that since the hardware doesn't support that high of
a resolution, they were forced to make a workaround with the driver.

A GeForce3 for example is listed as supporting 1920x1200 natively
through the ADC port.

>  me that the 23" Cinema HD is "working perfectly" in his Cube if it's
> really only "stretched"? Wouldn't he see that? I don't understand
> either Jesse. Confused too. I

It's possible that he may not notice it if Apple is doing other tweaks
elsewhere
to compensate, or if he's never seen the display running on another card
that natively supports the resolution.

John