[CUBE] Power Consumption

Eng Yew Lee engyew_lee at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 6 11:31:49 PST 2003

Does these numbers imply the load imposed on the DC/DC
board?  Specifically, does having a bigger LCD impose
a greater load on the DC/DC board?

My concern is I have a PL 1GHz and I am recieving my
Cinema HD 20in tomorrow.   The 15in LCD is rated at
40W max.  The 20in LCD is rated at 60W max.  I see
that the 15in LCD adds 20W at least of power
consumption when turned on bright.  It implies that
the 20in would add 40W to the system load.

I was told by the Formac folks that AC is passed
through to the Apple Displays and the DC conversion
takes place in the display unit.  Can someone confirm
this and that LCDs don't impose a load on the DC/DC
unit?

http://www.Gnarlodious.com/Entities/Computer/Cube/Cube.html
> AIM Gnarlodious

> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <Cube-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>
> ----------
> $14.99 Unlimited Nationwide Mac Dialup and Mac Web
> Hosting from your Mac ISP
> http://macinternetaccess.com
>
>  T3Hub  |  3 Port USB Hub weighs less than an ounce!
>
>    Cyberian   | Support this list when you buy at
> Outpost.com!
>    Outpost    |
> http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml
>
> ADC Extension | Extend the built in cable of your
> flat panel by 10 ft.
>   Dr. Bott    |
<http://www.drbott.com/prod/ADCExtension.html>

=====