[CUBE] Power Consumption

Sean Terrill a10t2 at mac.com
Thu Feb 6 12:27:30 PST 2003

Quoth Eng Yew Lee (engyew_lee at yahoo.com) at 2/6/03 14:31:

> I was told by the Formac folks that AC is passed
> through to the Apple Displays and the DC conversion
> takes place in the display unit.  Can someone confirm
> this and that LCDs don't impose a load on the DC/DC
> unit?

That is incorrect. DVI-to-ADC adaptors like Dr. Bott's DVIator have an
external power supply to step down the voltage and convert it to DC. For
that matter, the output from the Cube's power supply is 28 VDC.

Sean Terrill
a10t2 at mac.com
http://a10t2.cjb.net
"Love is a promise delivered already broken." - Steve Martin, 'The Zigzag
Girl'