[CUBE] Just got back from the Computer Store

Matthew Herrebout mherrebout at real.com
Thu Feb 6 12:46:40 PST 2003

I hear ya. I'll jump ship one day, month or year.

You improve your Cube's CPU speed, but then hit the hard limit of 127GB
storage or whatever it is... or you hit the 1.5GB ram limit.

At some point the sheer number of bottlenecks overwhelms your wallet
thickness/desire to keep your Cube as a primary machine.

There comes a point of diminishing returns on the upgrade path of every
model. This is a personal tolerance based on you the individual, but on a
macro scale, the abandonment of a model as a primary machine by a majority
of its users is as inevitable as the sun rising tomorrow.

As a counter-point to the law of diminishing returns, there are some that
have so far withstood the test of time -- Amiga users, Model T Ford drivers
etc. But they, naturally and predictably, are a tiny percentage of the
original number.

Matthew
buy-sell-trade Mac
http://www.appleswitcher.com/viewforum.php?f=5