[CUBE] cube lust

John T. Folden nedloftj at mac.com
Thu Feb 6 18:23:52 PST 2003

On Thursday, February 6, 2003, at 06:01 PM, Christopher Hack wrote:

> after spending two years lusting after my very own cube, I finally
> bought a
> used model last week. I still have not really got it up and running. I
> just
> want to send a message to all those posting of late about the need to
> "jump
> ship". You jump if You want to. I am just so in love with the design
> of the
> cube that it doesn't matter how fast Mr Jobs makes those bulky g4
> towers,
> but I am sticking with the cube. Enjoy! I will.

I know exactly how you feel.  In March of 2001 I was totally enamored of
and seriously considering a Cube 500/cdrw (having long been a fan of the
NeXT Cube) but chickened out over price and supposed lack of
expandability,
finally opting for the G4 733 Digital Audio model instead.

This last October I got Cube fever again and sold my 733 on eBay, giving
me enough money to buy a mint condition Cube 500/CDRW/60GB/GF2MX.
It was the exact model I'd wanted in the first place and I also had
enough money
left over for a snazzy wrap around glass desk.  :-)

Now that I've finally got the Cube, I really can't imagine going back
to a
tower, at least not for a good while yet - and there seems to be plenty
of
upgradability left in the near term.

John