[CUBE] cube lust

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Fri Feb 7 00:37:45 PST 2003

>> I mean, for a price of GF3 you can get one hell of a game console
>> that will beat any upgraded cube out there.
>
> That depends on what kinds of games you like to play.  Plus there are
> a few things that our cubes do that a console won't ;)

I didn't say that the console is there to replace the cube. I just said
that for the kind of games that require powerful 3d hardware you can
get a console for the same price as the upgraded 3d card. For the kind
of games that are missing on consoles you don't need a 3d card anyway.

>>  Or just get a PC :)
>
> I have one.  a good one.  built it myself.  It runs win2k, is vastly
> more powerful than my cube...However since I got my cube it's
> essentially sat in the corner unused.  I think I'll put it on ebay
> when I get back from my vacation next week.  I'm hoping that I'll be
> able to get enough from it to get a geforce3  (or if I'm crazy enough
> a radeon 9000 pro...I'm tempted to do that hack...though I HATE the
> idea of taking a dremel to my cube).

I'm not touching mine with a dremel, no way. And I'm not going to get a
PC either. I found out they cause physical pains for me just for being
in vicinity.