ebay - was [CUBE] Cube with custom case ends at $1312.87

Tom Davidson TomD_ALG at robotgroup.org
Mon Feb 10 14:13:47 PST 2003

Not really sure what you're complaining about, $1300 for that setup is
quite the deal.

I use a bidsniping program, it bids within 10 seconds of close and then
auto bids every seconds after by the min amount
to catch out other autobidders. I put in my amount that I think the item
is worth, and it takes the
emotion out of the process, I either get the item for what I was willing
to pay, or someone
else gets it for more. It stops shill bidding cold, the shill cant drive
up the price at the last second without
risking getting stuck with the item. If I see the same thing relisted, I
wont bid on it because that means the shill
'bought' it, and backed out so the seller wont have to pay ebay. It's
tough to do this on one-of-a-kind items
though.It looks really suspect if you check history and see it's been
bought a couple of times by '0' bidders,
but they have backed out and no negs or they are now de-listed. I also
check out bidders to see if they bid on other
auctions by the seller or the seller bids on them. Only amateurs  would
do this though, but there are plenty of
bozos who think they are pro scammers on ebay.

If ebay wanted to stop sniping, they could keep auctions open for 1 min
after last bid, that's the way a 'real'
auction works, but then ebay really doesnt want to be a 'real' auction
house, then they'd have to follow the same
rules auction houses have to follow.