displays follow-up

Christopher Hack cjhack at onetel.net.uk
Wed Feb 12 15:59:01 PST 2003

a similar question on displays.
I have decided to buy a 17" studio display for my cube. My option at the
moment seems to be to get a recent used one from ebay for about £400 ($600)
or buy a new one for £560 ($870). Money is tight so I am tempted to buy a
used one. Before taking the plunge I thought I would check with all you wise
owls on the cube list to see if you had any thoughts.
Has the quality changed in the last few years? Do the LCD screens have a
comparatively short life span? Any really convincing reason why I should get
into debt for a new one? Any suggestions gratefully received. Chris