[CUBE] Which is the better performing graphics card?

Michael McPherson mcph at mac.com
Sat Feb 15 08:13:55 PST 2003

It looks like I have a plain radeon.  When I can afford it, I think I'm
going to do the radeon9000 hack described in the cubeowner.com hardware
forums.

Now that the cooling problems seem to be sorted out (with quite a bit
of work, but it looks like fun), I think it's probably the best video
card solution.

I think the radeon 9000 has better performance than the geforce3
(though I havent seen benchmarks that prove that).   In any case,  it's
certainly a much cheaper option than the gf3 (though the gf3 is
certainly more convenient being a drop in replacement).