[CUBE] DVR-105 $179 at Fry's

Trev Copland trev at trev.com
Sat Feb 15 10:16:39 PST 2003

Not true. You may be having some good luck, but I wouldn't set the
expectation so high for others. It is not supported, Apple won't help
you one bit with it, and if you realize your mistake after you open
iLife, it's yours to keep. I'd be interested to hear others'
experiences, as I'm sure compatibility with iDVD and off the shelf
burners isn't commonplace.

On Saturday, February 15, 2003, at 03:12  AM, Cube List wrote:

> NOT TRUE Trev. I have the Cendyne boxed 4x Pioneer DVR-105 inside my
> 1999 G4 processor upgraded B&W Power Mac and iDVD 3 works perfectly.
> You can throw a DVR-103, DVR-104 or DVR-105 into any Mac Tower or
> hooked up to a Cube via the new inside outside IDE hack
> <http://homepage.mac.com/tracer302/bluecube/PhotoAlbum32.html> and iDVD
> 1, 2 or 3 will work just like the drive came from Apple. There is no
> special "Apple" firmware inside what Apple puts in Macs at the assembly
> plants.

What's on your iPod?
"Sometimes... I wish I made cures for how people are." - Boxcar Racer,
I Feel So