[CUBE] Internal Fax Modem + DSL In Parallel ?

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sat Feb 15 14:33:39 PST 2003

I'm not sure you can be hooked to the internet with your ethernet DSL
connection and still have the analog phone modem also available for
sending and receiving faxes. The way I interpret the current Mac
communications scheme is ONE WAY (analog fax modem) of THE OTHER WAY
(digital ethernet) all Internet centric. You bring up an excellent
deficiency in that scheme. I see a need for multiple communications
paths, both analog (fax modem) and digital (ethernet
DSL/Cable/Satellite) to accomplish what you want to do Francine. I may
be mistaken.

Can anyone else please confirm that the current communications
architecture is an either/or type deal rather than the needed parallel
scheme? Or is there a way to operate both in parallel that Francine and
I are unaware of?

And what software are you trying to make work for faxing Francine? Have
you asked their technical support people about your situation yet?