[CUBE] Anyone know if this would work in a Cube?

François Menu frmen at wanadoo.fr
Mon Feb 17 04:36:21 PST 2003

Le lundi, 17 fév 2003, à 13:15 Europe/Paris, Magnus Petersson a écrit :

> Den 03-02-17 13.11, skrev "François Menu" <frmen at wanadoo.fr>:
>
>> I'm not sure if the processor heat sink could handle the extra heat
>> (maybe with a bottom fan), and the heat pipe will have to be designed
>> specifically for the Cube...
>
> Embarrasing, but I'm getting a lot of static here. If anyone feels so
> inclined, please explain to me in layman's terms what a heat pipe is?
> :-)

Quote (from http://www.cheresources.com/htpipes.shtml):

A heat pipe is a simple device that can quickly transfer heat from one
point to another. They are often referred to as the "superconductors"
of heat as they possess an extra ordinary heat transfer capacity & rate
with almost no heat loss.

A Google search shows many more interresting links about heat pipes...

--
François Menu
frmen at wanadoo.fr