[CUBE] GeForce 4 and fanless Radeons?

Sean Terrill a10t2 at mac.com
Mon Feb 17 18:15:58 PST 2003

Quoth Thubten Kunga (Kunga at FutureMedia.org) at 2/17/03 21:03:

>>> Really? What other one is there? I don't know what it is. Please say
>>> what it is.
>>
>> GeForce 2MX TwinView version
>
> No such thing. Never seen nor heard of one. How many were made? Where
> can you buy one?

I have no idea how many were made, but they shipped in the G4 towers for a
while. Occasionally one is listed on eBay.

>> Radeon 7000 (requires ROM flashing)
>
> Brand new news to me. With no fan?

Correct.

http://www.cubeowner.com/forums//index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=1063&hl=7000&s=15134
35055f16cd87b1c6bf2ff02ef9f

>> Radeon 8500 (requires hardware modifications and/or ROM flashing)
>
> Definitely has a fan on it. You know of one without a fan? Never heard
> of one fitting.

You may be right. I thought I'd seen a fanless version but it looks like I
was mistaken.

>> Radeon 9000 (requires hardware modifications)
>
> Fanless in Cube? Really? 64MB or 128 MB? Never heard of one fitting. If
> it does, I want one.

64 MB. It's been discussed to death on the CubeOwner forums.

>> ProMax Matrox DualHead
>
> Does not work with OS X. I know this because I had to return one I
> bought from ProMax.

True.

Sean Terrill
a10t2 at mac.com
http://a10t2.cjb.net
"Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil
sometimes." - Satan, The South Park Movie