[CUBE] How Do We Flash 32MB TwinView PC Radeon 7000 So They Work In Cubes

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Tue Feb 18 00:10:25 PST 2003

As far as I am concerned, I am deeply grateful for Sean for opening my
eyes to the other fanless TwinView choices I was unaware of.

I am currently trying to get the man who started that string at
CubeOwner.com to come back and explain himself. It is one thing for you
to reveal that the PC ATI Radeon 7000 AGP card can be flashed to work
in the Cube with S-Video to boot. But I read every post on that string
and there is no way in hell anyone can understand how to do it based on
any of that information unless they are some sort of ROM flashing
genius. This guy mcCoy just had the audacity to write back to me that
he had no idea that there was anything else to write about his secret
hack. The last post before my new one tonight was 11 days ago with a
fellow Cube Owner asking HOW. Duh.

It really chaffs my hide when someone like Sean says you can put a PC
ATI Radeon 7000 AGP cards in our beloved Cubes like it's a no brainer
when in fact it is just the opposite. The Apple OEM 7500 is a no
brainer. The PC ATI Radeon 7000 AGP is NOT a no brainer. It is going to
take many more hours of hard work to drag the HOW TO out of mcCoy. He
is the only one that knows how to do it who has revealed himself to the
community so far.

Nobody else is coming forward to explain how to do it. I have a PC. I
can do it. But not without instructions for IDIOTS. I am a certified
IDIOT and I resent people on this list making caviler statements that
have so much genius required to accomplish that IDIOTS like me have to
feel stupid. I am not stupid. But I am an IDIOT. And as such I need
instructions for DUMMYS and IDIOTS. PLEASE.

If there is anyone else on this list who knows how to flash ROMS on AGP
cards that were made for the PC with Mac ROM software, I have the kit
from mcCoy. But I have no clue how to use it. He sent it to me tonight
without instructions on how to use it.

I also think it is offensive for anyone on this list to treat it as an
adjunct to any website. This list needs to remain stand alone with it's
own strings of information sets. Lazy links to websites that don't
really explain anything are a waste of our time.

I promise to publish the how to do this flash ROM here first if nobody
else does first.