Fan Method 2

Seth cap at mac.com
Tue Feb 18 22:34:18 PST 2003

Hey all,

I mounted a fan in the base of my cube, but when trying method 2 of the
faq by rich c, must have screwed up the end that I made( the one with
the housing and the soldering of the clips on to the wires), because
when I tried to plug it in on the DC board, it would not go.  So I
forced it which shoved one of the prongs about three quarters of the
way back through the male housing.  It looks like it still made a
connection, but when the cube powered up, the fan would not.  I have
unplugged the fan and am going to remake the end, but what I am
wondering is: Did I screw the DC male port  up for good (because the
prong moves on the board now)?  Or since I can push it back into place
will it still work if I make a proper end for it?
Thanks,
Seth