[CUBE] How To FlashROM A $45 32MB TwinView PC Radeon 7000 So They Work In Cubes/Macs

J.C. Webber III jcw at kingoblio.com
Wed Feb 19 15:59:47 PST 2003

I can understand the 'tension' caused by the tone of Mr. Kunga's post,
and I don't condone it, but I have to agree with him that the
presumption that 'any PC user' should be able to do this is also
offensive.

I've been a Unix System Administrator for 16 years and I've *never*
had to do this procedure and was quite clueless about how to go
about it until Mr. Kunga's follow-up howto doc.  Thanks to him,
now I too can do this.  So now maybe I'll take another look at this
card, which I had scratched off my list because of the requirement
to 'flash' it.

Anyway, thanks Mr. Kunga, but please try not to alienate these
people, we need them!  And please, do continue to contribute
what and when you can.  We all benefit.

-- jcw

--
J.C. Webber III
Technical Lead, Unix System Administrator, Apple Computers