[CUBE] Cube Digest and RFC 1855

J.C. Webber III jcw at kingoblio.com
Wed Feb 19 18:51:12 PST 2003

John Allan wrote:
> > RFC 1855
>
> Brief summary ...
>
> If you are replying to a post on *ANY* digest, please don=B9t just hit the
> reply button on your emailer and copy *ALL* of the email you have received.
>
> Some people follow email lists in Digest Form of 10 or 20 emails.
>
> Filling up a digest with 12" of copied and pasted garbage other have
> alread= y read is a pain in the ass and on a par of elegancy with
> chewing gum with your mouth open.
>
> Folk receiving Digest cannot just delete your message, they have to
> scroll through it to try and find where the next message starts and
> will curse tha= t all your children with have small penises.  Even
> your daughters.
>
> Learn how to use your emailer, you do not *HAVE* to send everything.
> It is = a big waste of bandwidth.
>
> I wish this was stamped on the front of every computer sold.
>
> John

Just an FYI, since we're on the topic of digests.  I try and
receive all my list email via digest because I've got an un-digester
utility that turns them back into individual emails that I can
then reply to on an individual basis.

Of course, I'm still using a text based email reader so I have the
luxury to pipe my inbox messages to an external perl command that parses
the digest, and relaunches a sub-process email reader to read those
extracted messages.  Once done with the digest, I just quite that
sub-process email reader session and I'm back in my original email
session.

See....there ARE still advantages to the old text methods 8^).

Email reader - elm2.4ME+
Digester - burst (digest conforming to RFC 1153, 934, or 1521)
	   by By Alan Schwartz (c) 1996

8^)
--
J.C. Webber III
Technical Lead, Unix System Administrator, Apple Computers