[CUBE] Geforce3 VGA and DVI

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Thu Feb 20 00:46:05 PST 2003

There is no "pissing contest" going on here. Seth is proposing this
flashed ROM PC GeForce 3 that is priced about the same as an Apple OEM
GeForce 3 (>$200) that IS TwinView as if it might be a better deal. One
thing that might make that true is if it is also TwinView. So far the
evidence is that it may not be. If not, this new card option may not be
nearly as attractive as if it is.

This is not meant to be an attack on Seth for his discovery. I and
others on the list are grateful to Seth for the find. And the
discussion is about the details of this new choice. That's what this
list is for, sharing different points of view and posing questions that
help us all understand more about what's going on out there.

I am trying to find out the facts of the matter on behalf of those list
members who would like to know. How that is perceived as a "pissing
contest" is beyond my ability to comprehend. I'm sure there are a
number of list members who would also like to know the answer to that
question. Just because you and Hal are not interested doesn't mean
other list members aren't. You have quite the gaul to think that you
speak for all list members. I am certain you don't, just as I am
certain that I don't either.