[CUBE] cd + disk image mounting problem

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Thu Feb 20 06:53:25 PST 2003

On Thursday, February 20, 2003, at 04:12 PM, herr friedl wrote:

> additional to the problem of not mounting CDs i am not able to mount a
> diskcopy image. so it's an overall mounting issue. the
> finder-preferences are set to "mount" but it does not.
>
> any suggestions?

I remember seeing a lot of reports of such problems after OS update...I
have managed to find this hint, but it is fairly old, but you might
want to check it:

Eric Poelzl found the solution for those of us that can't mount CDs or
dmg files. He has posted it in Apple Discussions. Open NetInfo Manager
(in Applications/Utiltiies) and see if there is a Unknown User (click
on 'Users' in the Directory Browser area). If not, you have to add it
back in. Create a new entry with the following settings:

  realname: Unknown User
  expire: 0
  name: unknown
  uid: 99
  passwd: *
  home: /dev/null
  change: 0
  shell: /dev/null
  gid: 99

  Save your changes and you should be able to mount your CD's and dmg
files again.