[CUBE] Fwd: [CUBE] Geforce3 VGA and DVI

a l a n t h o m p s o n athomp2 at mac.com
Sun Feb 23 18:45:14 PST 2003

interesting points, all.

however, if you'd like to use the USB ports on your ADC monitor, I
don't believe you could with the DVI to ADC adapter.

What I assume is that if you want ADC, it's because you already have a
ADC flat panel (or that 17" studio tube-based display).  at that point,
you have to decide between the noise the GF3 will make (I've heard some
horrific tales on the sound - unless you do the recently radeon 9000
mod with that cool fan, with the blue LED, and the cost of the card
itself with ADC already present (basically an OEM, or pulled card)
which sell for quite a lot still(it's that people know that us
fetish...er, cube fans want to keep our cubes going for as long as
possible).

my thought is that you won't need the GF3 unless you're a gamer.

best bet?  upgrade your processor, as it does more than its share of
the graphics processing, despite the "next best thing since sliced
bread" quartz extreme.

then, i would recommend upgrading the RAM, disk, and then either a
radeon 7500 or GF2 MX (all with ADC, including the twin view variants
if that's important to you).

--alan