[CUBE] Adjusting brightness on Apple Studio Display CRT

FrankG frankg at nc.rr.com
Mon Feb 24 06:28:09 PST 2003

I have had the CRT display since it came out and still love it.
Certainly don't want it any brighter. It wouldn't match output.
Can anybody say a LCD or any other comparabe CRT is better for 2D
graphics offset output?

My white point is 9300
My gamma is 1.8
No ambient light

On Monday, February 24, 2003, at 02:47 AM, David Flory wrote:

> On Sunday, February 23, 2003, at 07:34  PM, Anthony Kulesa wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, the display is not as bright as I need it to be. There
>> is no external adjustment on the display itself, and System
>> Preferences (10.2.4) shows only a "Contrast" setting, not brightness.
>
> Did you go into the "Displays" dialogue. Mine shows a brightness
> slider. Also if you press the F15 key the monitor should get brighter,
> and for F14 it gets dimmer. I keep mine at the 2nd from the dimmest
> setting and like it just fine. When I turn it all the way up it hurts
> my eyes.
>
> Fair winds and happy bytes,
> --
> --
> Check out the marine mammals @
> <http://homepage.mac.com/dflory/menu5.html>
> --
>     Speak softly and study Aikido, then you won't need a big stick.
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <Cube-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>

> Mac ISPSerious Mac Internet Solutions From NineWire!
> http://macinternetaccess.com
>
> T3Hub  |  3 Port USB Hub weighs less than an ounce!

>   Outpost    | http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml

>  Dr. Bott    |    <http://www.drbott.com/prod/ADCExtension.html>

GowartyDesign
317 Meeting House Circle