[CUBE] Disappearing Audio in Cube

Eagle eagle243 at mac.com
Mon Feb 24 13:00:21 PST 2003

On Monday, Feb 24, 2003, at 15:56 US/Eastern, Russ Maehl wrote:
> I am new at this board.  Was interested to see if anyone else has been
> experiencing disappearing audio.
>
> My sound will be working fine after a restart, but some time later I
> can not
> longer hear any sound out of the Cube.  All the sound settings are
> correct,
> but nothing.  Forced to restart to get the audio back.
>
> I am not using any 3rd party hardware and on 10.2.4.
>
> Is this a common problem or mine.....

Russ,

Are your speakers plugged into your Cube or into a Studio LCD?  I have
found that with my Studio LCD, only one of the two USB ports
consistently works for speakers -- the other one quits working after a
period of inactivity, and the speakers must be unplugged & plugged in
again before they will work properly.

Eagle