Dissapearing Sound

Francois Barbary franc-b at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 24 23:46:55 PST 2003

I've had this problem for a while, symptoms are different sometimes,
but usually same as yours, but i notice that if i plug headphones in on
the speakers they will work while speakers wont make any
sound.sometimes they click before they die.

everyone who reads this regularly enough know i bug the list about it
once every month i d say...

the problem comes and goes, cant see any relation to anything i do
(plug different ports, run different sw,)

another problem i have is with the monitors button going off with my
15"LCD
does anyone know of a haxie that could disable that damed button?
Francois