cube power button

M Matel cr_male2002 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 25 09:20:55 PST 2003

I bought a cube with some kind of power problem where
the power was being cut off intermittantly.  My guess
is that is was the external power supply or perhaps
some faulty component internally. (or perhaps a faulty
power switch?)...

One question I have stemming from this experience is
that of the cube power switch.  Is this an infrared
sensor?  And if so, how sensitive it is supposed to
be?  Sensitive to the touch of that area?  Sensitive
to movement beyond the distance of a touch of that
area?

How reliable should a cube be if I wanted to partially
enclose it in a relatively small area, where there
might be a flat surface in front of the power switch?

M.M.