[CUBE] cube power button

DSatterfield dsatterfield at attbi.com
Tue Feb 25 09:36:42 PST 2003

This is a known issue with the Cube.  There is an Apple Paper listing the
solution of replacing the ring inside the Cube.  It is up against the power
button.  I thought I had this issue when I got my first Mac, a Cube last
winter, but seem to have solved it by placing the metallic cable so that it
between the outer case which has a metallic based lining and the metal
frame.  I thought it might be a grounding issue.

The button is based on electrostatic changes and not infrared.

I would think that placing it in an enclosed area won't be a problem if the
bottom and top of the Cube have adequate air flow along with adequate air
flow for the Power brick.

However I am always open to suggestions....

David
A New Owner