[CUBE] Status report - Cube upgrades

J.C. Webber III jcw at kingoblio.com
Tue Feb 25 23:40:41 PST 2003

Oliver Köll wrote:
> Hey J.C.,
>
> i installed a Powerlogix 1GHz upgrade last week and i can definitely
> hear the fan. The air stream coming out of the top is also very
> noticable and cannot possibly be mistaken as convection (especially
> after startup when everything is still cold).
>
> Cheers, Oliver
>
> On Dienstag, Februar 25, 2003, at 07:48  Uhr, J.C. Webber III wrote:
> > I don't hear anything from my cube and
> > I don't feel much air coming out of the top, but it's not getting
> > *too* hot, so I think it's probably making contact ok.  But I don't
> > think I'll feel really comfortable about it until I can verify that
> > the fan is actually working.

Right you are.  I finally decided this evening to get a little piece
of mind and double check the fan.  It's a good thing I did.  It wasn't
working.  I'm suprised my system has stayed up all this time (5 days),
especially considering I use that Marine Aquarium as my screen saver.

Anyway, I reattached the fan connector, reassembled the cube, and
now I definately feel the air coming out of the top.  And if I put
my ear close to it I can even kind of hear it now.  It's running
*much* cooler now.

--
J.C. Webber III
Technical Lead, Unix System Administrator, Apple Computers