[CUBE] PL 800 Mhz L3 Cache

K Peex1 kpeex1 at cox.net
Thu Feb 27 11:48:36 PST 2003

Well, now that makes a difference!

First I hosed my system (again) trying to use Cache Enabler. That
brought back the memories of my initial trials going into the
Terminal.... (I didn't have BSD installed.)

Then I reinstalled 10.2.4 and checked the mail.

Robert from PowerLogix and their support department had emailed me the
software required after a boot into OS 9. Now, the little CHUD CPU dude
in the menu bar has a 2 AND a 3 ;->

And yes, it does make a noticeable difference.

The reason I really started wondering is that I just got a 17" refurb
iMac as a gift for "Mom". The basic speed, startup, shutdown, and
everything seems "just like" the Cube. (But the iMac has no L3, so
shouldn't the Cube...) BTW, the iMac is very quiet, just not nearly as
quiet as my Cube.

Thanks to all. I wish I had followed up sooner. Now, about the GeForce
2 MX I have laying here without a heat sink....

Kevin