[CUBE] Safari icons

Joost van de Griek joost at jvdg.net
Fri Feb 28 08:45:54 PST 2003

On 2003-02-28 17:19, "Aaron Ambrosino" <aambrosi at mac.com> wrote:

> hey gang,
>
> I have lost the cute little site Icons that appear next to the web
> address in Safari. Any Ideas how to get them back. Also does anyone
> know how to get those on you own personal web page.

They're called "Favicons", and are really just ".ico" (Windows icon) files.
Use GraphicConverter to make a 16x16, 256 colour (or maybe wev-safe 216
colour?) image file, then include this line in your web page:

<LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="<your_favicon>.ICO">

For more information, check here:

<http://www.htmlgoodies.com/tutors/favicon.html>

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
Real programmers always mix up Halloween
and Christmas, because Oct 31 == Dec 25