[CUBE] Cube: ADC to DVI / ATi Rage to NVidia Geforce2 MX 32Mb swap

John T. Folden nedloftj at mac.com
Fri Jan 3 16:31:05 PST 2003

On Friday, January 3, 2003, at 06:46 PM, Thubten Kunga wrote:

> On Friday, January 3, 2003, at 10:34  AM, Carlo Ambler wrote:
>> Question # 2:
>>
>> Can i "safely" replace the original ATI Rage 128 with a "pulled-out"
>> Nvidia Geforce2 MX 32Mb that used to work (well) on a G4 733Mhz
>> PowerMac with Superdrive (the very first mac equipped with a
>> Superdrive) ??
>
> Yes.

As someone who just recently sold the very same Power Mac, I have to
wonder how truly wise it is to use the GF2MX from this model.  The
heatsink is SOOOOO much smaller then the OEM GF2MX that I have in my
Cube 500Mhz.  I've heard others say that some Cube's shipped with
the tower version of these cards but even mine, with the monster
heatsink,
still gets incredibly hot.  I'd think the tower cards would be more
likely to
burn up.  :-/

John