DVD eject problem

Randy Spencer israndy at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 4 11:11:21 PST 2003

How does one adjust the alignment of the DVD in the case, I have been having
problems with the power switch and a couple of bad hard drives and finally I
have the system stable for the first time since I got it.  Only problem is
that with all the taking apart and putting together the DVDs don't always
eject cleanly anymore.  Often I have to power down the machine at boot time
mid-eject to get in there and pull it out with just the tiniest of lips
showing to pull with my fingertips.  If I leave the unit on the disc
re-inserts when I try to pull, or by itself when it realizes the disc has
not ejected completely.

I thought it might be specific discs were larger than others, but the same
disc seems to eject cleanly one time and then stick the next.  Possibly
there are some discs that eject cleanly all the time, I have not got
complete records.

I looked at the connection between the case and the cube and there doesn't
seem to be any adjustment and the drive appears to be in place, certainly
inserting the discs is flawless.

Any ideas?

=====
Randy Spencer (http://geocities.com/israndy)