[CUBE] Cube: ADC to DVI / ATi Rage to NVidia Geforce2 MX 32Mb swap

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Sun Jan 5 05:08:37 PST 2003

On Saturday, January 4, 2003, at 03:18 PM, Simon Meyer wrote:

> I have been running the tower version of the Radeon 32mb as is(similar
> size
> heatsink I think) in my cube for about 7 months - no problems so far.
> But it does get VERY hot.
>
> I'd like to change the heatsink, but the thought of trying to pry off
> the
> old one doesn't thrill me -  Simon

I have a passive heatsink on my Radeon that I've put on myslef and it
doesn't get excessively hot. The original factory mounted fan was fixed
on in kind of sloppy way, and I suspect the same might be true for your
heatsink. Before I undertook the 'surgery' I get a replacement 2MX card
in case I destroy my Radeon in a process.
I think you should continue using your Radeon as is, and look around
for a spare one or 2MX in case things get ugly :)