[CUBE] OT: Jaguar on 233mHz iMac

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Sun Jan 5 15:41:42 PST 2003

> Does anyone have experience running jaguar on a 233mHz iMac? All of my
> machines are now running OSX , so I'd rather set it up with OSX than
> OS9, because it'll be easier for me to troubleshoot over the phone if
> they have questions.

A week ago I received a "Lombard" Powerbook 300 MHz G3 on work. I
loaded it with OS X.2.3 and it runs better than I expected. I've got
384 MB of RAM, and when I have Mail, Chimera, ICQ, one java App and a
couple of small utils loaded I still have about 40 MB of unused RAM.
I'd say go for it - the performance will be acceptable for most home
work, just load it with plenty of RAM.