No subject

mcph at olemiss.edu mcph at olemiss.edu
Mon Jan 6 18:37:16 PST 2003

>At what point are you being asked for a password? Are you
>getting an OS X login screen with user/pass fields?  Or is
>an open firmware password you are
>being asked for?

THis cube runs MacOS 9 apparently.  After the initial
bootup, loading extensions, etc... I get to the desktop
wallpaper and then a screen comes up before the finder
loads:

"Macintosh Manager  cannot automatically find any servers.
You need to locate the Macintosh Manager Server to use."

Clicking on ok brings up a dialog where I'm supposed to
"Select Multiple Users Server."   There are none to choose
from.  Clicking cancel brings up the message:

"Because you didnt select a Macintosh Manager Server, you
cannot use Macintosh Manager at this time.  If you want to
go to the finder, you must enter a Macintosh Manager
Administrator Password on the next screen."

the next screen prompts me for the password.

Thanks for any ideas on how to bypass this thing! :)