[CUBE] It arrived! plus please help :)

Michael Longo mliii at mac.com
Mon Jan 6 20:51:14 PST 2003

On Monday, January 6, 2003, at 08:32  PM, mcph at olemiss.edu wrote:

> there was a picture of a floppy with a question mark

Ok...that means essentially that the startup process can't find a valid
startup folder.
You can follow Laurie's advice (and others as well) and try booting
from the iBook, but that won't solve the drive problem.
It also sounds like the drive has become misaligned. I am a bit
reluctant to suggest that you try the realignment of the drive
mentioned by Bill Wong and others in some of the previous posts-it's
not that hard to do, but since we don't know how good you feel about
cracking the case and doing the realignment you'll have to make that
call for yourself.
Are you in contact with the seller? Have you asked if the drive was
working when you bought it? I'm guessing it has become misaligned
during shipment. It's not unusual for that to happen. One thing about
shipping the Cube is that you REALLY need to pad the sucker because
some of the tolerances are pretty tight.
If you are comfortable doing it, crack the case and do the realignment
as per one of the earlier posts. OR, take it to an authorized dealer
and have them do it.