[CUBE] Unpartitioning

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Thu Jan 9 07:23:58 PST 2003

> Is there a way to "unpartition" a drive without wiping out the
> contents?
> I've installed Jaguar, and done the software updates ( > 80 MegBytes )
> through a 56 Kbytes dial-up modem.
>   But my drive is partitioned, and I now run into needing more space
> on the
> "System-partition". Doing a new install, and going through the
> softwareupdate once again ... Well, if I can avoid that!
>
> Or should I try Carbon Copy Cloner?
>
> Just to be sure, I don't want to risk suffering stability. So if
> that's the
> option I'd rather go though the whole process once again.

I think FWB has a product that is supposed to be able to resize
partitions without wiping out the content, but it only recently came
out and I believe it is not free. If you have access to a spare
partition or external HD, just use CCC to copy the system partition to
it, and back on afterwards. Works great, that's exactly what I did a
while ago.